These 10 easy, chic ways to style your winter knits will have you looking up-to-date for every occasion. Jumpers (‘sweaters’ in America, ‘pullovers’ in Europe) and short and long-line cardigans keep you warm and cosy on chilly days. They are versatile investment pieces for your winter wardrobe – perfect for layering when the temperature plummets. Mostly, I choose knits made from natural fibres like merino, alpaca, and cotton – not just to keep the cold out but because they are soft, comfortable, and breathable.
You can find my favourites in the shoppable boards and video below. Some of these styles come in other colours. My picks are based on cool and warm colours. If you have already had a colour analysis with me, you will know your best colour palette (whether you are warm or cool). You can wear all of these knits to create stylish outfits like the suggestions listed below.
Watch the video to see why I have selected these cosy winter knits.
10 Easy, Chic Ways To Style Your Winter Knits
- Jeans, ankle boots, jacket or long-long cardigan. Swap the ankle boots for sneakers.
- Team your knit with a skirt. Half tuck or belt your knit to show your shape.
- Add a textured vest over the top for extra warmth—for example, faux fur or quilted styles.
- Ankle boots, slim-fit jeans, and a long jumper with a long necklace.
- Wear a collared shirt underneath your knit. Allow the collar and hem of the shirt to peek out at either end.
- Skinny jeans or Ponte pants with long boots and a long scarf.
- A straight skirt, tights, ankle boots and an oversized winter knit.
- If your winter jumper is oversized and long enough, wear it like a dress with tights and long boots.
- Wear your oversize V-neck or boatneck knits off the shoulder with jeans, pants or a skirt and long boots.
- For a chic evening look, pair your light to medium weight jumpers with your darkest denim jeans or culottes and high heeled boots or pumps.
Have fun creating some of these easy ways to style your winter knits.